The one thing I did manage to do this week was to do a preliminary sorting of the stacks of paperwork in my bedroom, which has allowed me to locate some of the past tax information I needed. I now have a stack of paperwork that needs to be sorted into years and eventually filed, and I have another stack of paper work that needs to be shredded. It feels really good to be getting this done.
I also found out that the short story I submitted to Rustblind & Silverbright, an anthology of speculative fiction set in train stations. While I'm sad to have been rejected, I'm happy to say that it was a rather positive rejection and I'm confident the story will find its proper home.
Things to do in the coming week:
– Complete Chapter two of novel
– Contact my sisters accountant to find out about setting up an IRA
– Get taxes done (step one is done)
– Either purchase new a new filing cabinet(s), and/or buy folders/large envelopes, and/or go through the process of sorting and putting everything in its place
– Get data transferred from the old computer to the new one (may require giving up my computer for a few days)