Plus, I did a fairly good job at being productive before that, having managed to pull together a readable version of Chapter One of Under the Midday Moon in time for the Writing Gang meeting (it took me working on it through my lunch break and submitting it the day of the meeting — thank baby Jesus for deadlines, without which I would get nothing done). I've been having a hard time knowing where to begin with this story, but eventually figured that it was better to start somewhere rather than not putting words down at all. The resulting Chapter One was still not the right place to start, but the Gang offered some great feedback that now has me thinking of new scenes and perhaps a better place to begin. I couldn't be where I am without having put those words down, so yay!
In terms of the physical, I managed to do two out my required three days. I absolutely could have fit that third day in there, but didn't. Turning on the TV without specific purpose (eg., having a specific show to watch) is a problem for me. It's easy to let a lot of valuable time vanish that way.
No work was done on the poetry or the financial side of things. *le sigh*
Things to do in the coming week:
– Write Chapter Two of Novel
– Make a list of poems I want to include in the collection
– Make edits to two of the poems I know I want to include
– Contact Apple store or computer guys and get data transferred from the old computer to the new one (may require giving up my computer for a few days, hard to do when I'm in the midst of wanting to write)
– Contact my sisters accountant to find out about setting up an IRA
– Do yoga (three sun salutations minimum) each morning before work (1/5 done)
Anyway, how have you been and how are you doing?
[Cross-posted to my website. You are welcome to comment either here or there.]